Employment Standard Act (ESA) Poster Update Required in Ontario
Changes to the Employment Standards Act (ESA) that came into force on January 1, 2018 resulted in version 6.0 of the poster becoming outdated. The new poster (version 7.0) is designed to direct readers to the ministry’s website for more detailed information. Most workplaces covered by the ESA are required to display this poster.
The poster is available in a variety of languages. It is free of charge to order; however, it is also available to easily download and print. You may print the poster in either colour or black and white.
For a fully comprehensive FAQ about the poster updates, available languages, how to order, or how to download and print the poster, click here.
Get your Health and Safety Board Together
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), there are posting requirements that must be met. If your organization doesn’t have a health and safety board, create one. If there is a health and safety board, ensure that it is up-to-date. Below is a list of items that must be posted:
- Health and Safety at Work: Prevention Starts Here Poster
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act “Green Book”
- Your organization’s Health and Safety Policy
- Your organization’s Workplace Violence and Harassment Policy
- The names and work locations of all members of the JHSC
- In case of Injury (Form 81) Poster
- Employment Standards in Ontario Poster (version 7.0 as of January 1, 2018)
Call 800-815-9980 to speak a health and safety advisor about taking the guesswork out of putting together a health and safety board. You can also place a pre-order for OSG’s 2018 “Green Book.”
Written by Jennifer Miller | Curriculum Development Coordinator
Do you want to receive the latest and safest news directly to your inbox?
It’s easy! Press the button below to subscribe!