Employers determine their JHSC Part 2 Certification Training needs based on the results of a hazard assessment. A hazard assessment is the systematic review of hazards in a workplace that may affect any worker’s health and safety.
It is conducted by examining the workplace and other sources of information. Sources may include: Material Safety Data Sheets, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) reports, incident/accident reports, general observations and input from workers.
- Has the hazard contributed to a workplace injury or illness?
- What is its potential for future injury or illness?
- What severity of injury/illness could occur from exposure to the hazard?
- Has the hazard contributed to a “near miss”?
- How many workers are exposed to the hazard?
- Work flow or process-flow information
- Accident injury or illness records for workplace and industry, near miss reports.