OSG wants you to have a Safe Halloween, 2016!
Most of the year, OSG gives you tips to work safe. Our ultimate goal in providing these tips is making sure that you return home to your beloved friends and family at the end of each working day. We know that a lot of you have families, and by extension, we consider your family our valued clients as well! Keep your family safe this Halloween by following these safety tricks and treats:
Trick or Treating
- Accompany children until they are old enough to trick or treat with a friend. They should never go alone.
- Ensure that children are visible in the dark using glow-sticks, flashlights, or reflective tape on costumes.
- Only visit well-lit homes, and never enter an unfamiliar home.
- Teach children to cross the street correctly. Only cross at corners where possible, and never cross between parked cars.
Nothing says Halloween like Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!
After safely carving your jack-o-lanterns, enjoy the treat of pumpkin seeds! Pumpkin seeds are a healthy traditional Halloween treat – they are high in fibre, packed with protein, and they are a great sugar-free alternative to chocolate bars and gummy worms. Follow these steps to make a treat the whole family will love!
- Scoop the seeds and pulp from your pumpkin. Put the pulp and seeds into a colander and rinse thoroughly. If some small bits of pulp remain, that’s okay, but you’ll want to remove the bulk of it.
- Pre-heat your oven to 300° Fahrenheit
- Next, toss your rinsed seeds in some melted butter. Spread the lightly-coated seeds onto a cookie sheet, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Pumpkin-seed purists only use a small pinch of salt, but if you’re feeling adventurous you can try garlic salt, cumin, curry, all-spice, or my personal favourite: Cajun blend!
- Toast your seeds for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep a close eye on them – some seeds will toast in less time and some will take longer. This is dependent on the size of the seeds. When they are a light golden brown, you will know that it’s time to take them out.
- Cool seeds, and enjoy!
From our family to yours, OSG wishes you the safest and most enjoyable Halloween, 2016.
Show me more articles like this