Standard First Aid and CPR-C Recertification Training
Choose a delivery method
This 8-hour program will refresh participants knowledge and skills to respond to a medical emergency in the workplace. A prompt response can save lives, reduce the amount of time lost due to workplace injuries, and lower the resulting costs. Trained employees have also been shown to be more safety conscious in general, therefore reducing the number of incidents. This program meets the criteria outlined in Regulation 1101 for a valid St. Johns First Aid Certificate or its equivalent.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply emergency scene management
- Recognize artificial respiration and cardiovascular emergencies (Level “C” CPR)
- Identify severe bleeding, choking, shock, and burns
- Recognize major and minor injuries, and fractures
- Identify major medical conditions (diabetes, asthma, epilepsy)
- Perform a secondary survey
Individuals who have taken Standard First Aid and CPR-C and whose qualification has expired, or would like to refresh their knowledge and skills.
Ont. Reg. 1101 First Aid Requirements