Electrical Safety Awareness - Updated & includes changes to CSA Z462-15
Course Length - 4 Hours
OSG’s Electrical Safety Awareness training program provides a comprehensive understanding of safe electrical workplace practices in accordance with CSA Z462-08.
This program will provide participants with guidance in identifying and assessing electrical hazards, designing safe work procedures, selecting personal protective equipment, as well as protective measures associated with working around electrical energy.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how electricity adversely the body
- Identify safe work practicies when exposed to electrical hazards (including risk assessment)
- Recognize shock protection boundaries and personal protection
- Identify the hazards associated with Arc Flash
- Recognize the importance of CSA Z462-15 (including Lockout CSA Z460)
Course content is based on CSA Z462-15 Electrical Safety
- Changes to CSA Standard Z462-15, previously CSA Z462-12
- Shock approach 'prohibited boundary' has been eliminated
- Category 0 PPE has been eliminated (this was permitting the use of non-synthetic garments worn in very low arc flash conditions)
- Improved and clarifed risk assessment procedures for hazardous situations
- Considerations on equipment conditions (maintenance of equipment)
- Now includes risk assessment as part of the required Electrical Safety Program
- Changes to human performacne and electrical safety (detail of and expectations on conformance)
Managers, supervisors, maintenace personnel, JHSC members, and safety representatives
Participant Manual, test, record of attendance and wall certificate
Occupational Health and Safety Act s. 25. (2)(a)
25. (2)(a) provide information, instruction and supervision to a worker to protect the health or safety of the worker
Do You Need On-Site Training?