Confined Space Awareness Training – Train-the-Trainer
Confined space work involves some of the most critical hazards in workplaces today. Failure to identify confined spaces, properly assess the hazards in these spaces, and create a space-specific plan prior to entry, can lead to catastrophic loss.
Our course, delivered by seasoned instructors, is designed to provide workplace instructors with the knowledge and skill required to competently deliver the program. The course contains the following forms: Hazard Assessment, Entry Plan, and Entry Permit.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the definition of a confined space
- Discuss the elements of a confined space program (hazard assessment, entry plan, and entry permit)
- Explain confined space hazards, controls, and rescue
- Explain the responsibilities of workplace parties
- Explain confined space documentation
Note: This is an awareness course only. The employer must still provide plan-specific training; this may include training on equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) related to the space.
Leader’s Guide, 10 Participant’s Manuals, test, answer sheet, DVD, record of attendance, wall certificate, wallet card, and CD containing read-only PowerPoint presentation files, sample certificates, and course materials order form.
Confined Space Instructors
O.Reg. 632/05 s.8(1); O.Reg. 632/05 s.9