Train the Ergonomic Evaluator – Classroom
All effective Musculoskeletal Disorder Prevention Programs require reactive and proactive initiatives that include methods of: evaluating risks, implementing effective controls and solutions, educating the workforce, and measuring success of the program or program components. Our Train the “Ergonomic Evaluator” course provide participants with the knowledge to effectively identify ergonomic risks, complete high-level evaluations, and identify solutions to mitigate or eliminate ergonomic risks. These skills are the first step towards the development of a strong MSD prevention program.
This program has been designed to include applied case studies to ensure that all participants not only understand the principles covered, but are also competent using and applying them.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to;
- Understand ergonomic principles and basic risk factors
- Utilize and apply the “Workplace Athletic Rules” to identify postural concerns
- Complete an audit to identify, then evaluate, potential ergonomic concerns
- Brainstorm and evaluate the effectiveness of risk mitigation/elimination solutions
- Review new designs and equipment using an “Ergo Eye”
- Apply advanced evaluation tools (RULA and Snook tables)
“Ergonomic Evaluator” Manual, Workplace Athletics card, “Master” copies of Templates and forms, and Ergonomic Evaluator (E2) Certificate.
JHSC members, health and safety specialists, engineers and human resource professionals
MSD Prevention Guideline for Ontario