Respiratory Awareness – On-site
Respirators are designed to provide protection when other controls are not feasible, in emergency situations, or to supplement other engineering or administrative controls. They are designed to reduce or minimize exposure, or contact with chemical or biological hazards.
If respirators are used in the workplace, the employer is responsible for implementing a written respiratory protection program.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain specific roles and responsibilities with respect to respiratory protection
- Discuss the process of hazard assessment
- Explain how to select the appropriate respirator
- Discuss different types of respirators
- Discuss different fit testing methods (theory)
- Explain proper care and maintenance
Note: This is a theory course only. Fit testing is a separate product.
Participant manual, test, record of attendance, and wallet card
Managers, supervisors, users of respirators, JHSC, and health and safety representatives
Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 79