Safe Operation of a Bucket Truck – Train-the-Trainer
Our course is designed to ensure that all participants have the ability to train their operators to become competent Bucket Truck operators.
Our course is designed to ensure participants can adequately teach operators about the applicable legislation, hazards associated with operating a bucket truck, theoretical factors affecting stability, the importance of correctly performing a pre-shift inspection, and safe operating principles.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss applicable legislative requirements
- Explain how to recognize hazards
- List the items required on a pre-shift inspection
- Demonstrate how to perform a pre-shift inspection
- Explain proper operating procedures
- Explain the proper way to mount and dismount the equipment
- Explain methods of hoisting and rigging
Leader’s Guide, 10 Participant Manuals, DVD, CD containing read-only PowerPoint presentation, sample certificates, and course materials order form. Wall certificate and wallet card received after completion of course.
Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 51.(2)
The fee for the Train-the-Trainer course includes one visit from OSG to a location within the (519), (226), (416), (647), (905) area codes to perform the evaluation. Hands-on evaluations must be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant has a minimum of 8 hours practical experience on each piece of equipment he/she will be operating
- Annual certification is up-to-date on the equipment the participant is to be
- Equipment is in good working order