Safe Operation of a Telehandler Lift Truck – On-site
Telehandlers are a Class VII (7) Rough Terrain Forklift, typically used in construction-type environments. Competent instruction is a key component to achieving safe operation of this device.
Our course is designed to provide participants the ability to recognize hazards associated with the equipment and the environment in which it is operated, as well as the safe operating principles pertaining to safe operation of the equipment. The practical skills evaluation is to be performed at the worker’s place of employment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards specific to the equipment and environment
- Discuss competency requirements and general responsibilities
- Explain stability principles
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Follow safe operating procedures
- Identify fuel source hazards
Our Safe Operation of a Telehandler program is designed in accordance with CSA B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks.
Participant manual, test, record of attendance and wallet card.
Telehandler operators, supervisors, JHSC members, and safety representatives.
Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 51. (2)
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete certification. Our theory course is set to run approximately 8 hours. Times may vary as a result of the different styles of equipment, and numbers of participants. If the theory portion of the course is completed early, the instructor will complete as many evaluations as possible within the allotted time frame.
A $75/person charge applies for each evaluation. If additional evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, then a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. Additional charges will apply if lifting device evaluations are required outside the 519, 548 and 226; 416, 437 and 647; and 289, 365 and 905 area codes. OSG recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Lifting device scheduling confirmation received in advance
- Participant has a minimum of 8 hours practical experience on each piece of equipment he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is completed