Safe Operation of a Telehandler Lift Truck Training – Train-the-Trainer
Telehandlers are a Class VII (7) Rough Terrain Forklift, typically used in construction-type environments. Competent instruction is a key component to achieving safe operation of this device.
Our course is designed to provide participants the ability to recognize hazards associated with the equipment and the environment in which it is operated, as well as the safe operating principles pertaining to safe operation of the equipment. The practical skills evaluation is to be performed at the worker’s place of employment.
Take a look at our 5 Tips for Delivering a Successful Training Program – Equipment Edition
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards specific to the equipment and environment
- Discuss competency requirements and general responsibilities
- Explain stability principles
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Follow safe operating procedures
- Identify fuel source hazards
Our Safe Operation of a Telehandler program is designed in accordance with CSA B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks.
Leader’s Guide, 10 Participant’s Manuals, DVD, CD containing read-only PowerPoint presentation, sample certificates, and course materials order form. Wall certificate and wallet card received after completion of course.
Telehandler operators, supervisors, JHSC members, and safety representatives.
Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 51. (2)
The fee for the Train-the-Trainer course includes one on-site practical evaluation from OSG to a location within the 519, 548 and 226; 416, 437 and 647; and 289, 365 and 905 area codes. OSG recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance.
- Participant has a minimum of 8 hours practical experience on each piece of equipment he/she will be operating.
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is up to date