Safe Operation of Aerial Work Platforms Training – Train-the-Trainer
Instructing others how to use and operate aerial work platforms is a unique skill. Effective delivery and instruction will assist in ensuring that your operators are taught correctly, so that they can use the equipment properly.
Our course, taught by seasoned professionals, is designed to provide instructors with the knowledge and tools required to be able to competently deliver the course information.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain equipment and operator environment hazards
- Explain applicable legislation
- Explain operating devices and controls
- Describe how to perform pre-operational inspections
- Explain safe operating practices
- Identify how to teach fuel source hazards
- Describe how to apply fall protection
Course content is based on CSA B354.2-01, B354.4-02
Leader’s Guide, 10 Participant Manuals, DVD, CD containing read-only PowerPoint presentation, sample certificates, and course materials order form. Wall certificate and wallet card received after completion of course.
Operators and supervisors
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects 96. (1)
The fee for the Train-the-Trainer course includes one visit from OSG to a location within the (519), (226), (416), (647), (905) area codes to perform an evaluation. Hands-on evaluations must be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant has a minimum of 8 hours practical experience on each piece of equipment he/she will be operating
- Annual certification is up-to-date on the equipment the participant is to be
- Equipment is in good working order