Safe Operation of an Aerial Work Platforms – On-site
Aerial work platforms are becoming more popular as they offer a safer way to work at heights. Operating these devices safely requires knowledge, skill, and serious commitment to safety.
Our course is designed to provide operators with the knowledge and skill to be able to operate the equipment safely and efficiently. Additionally, this course includes a full module on the use of fall protection equipment in connection with use of aerial work platforms.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards specific to the operator and their environment
- Explain applicable legislation
- List devices and operating controls
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Perform safe operating procedures
- Identify fuel source hazards
- Recognize need for fall protection
Course content is based on CSA B354.2-01, B354.4-02
Operators and supervisors.
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2) Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects 96. (1)
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program, a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete certification. The Course time frame may vary as a result of the different styles of equipment, fuel sources and numbers of participants. If the theory portion of the course is completed early, the instructor will complete as many evaluations as possible within the allotted time frame.
Otherwise, a $75/person charge applies for each evaluation. If additional evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, then a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. Additional charges will apply if lifting device evaluations are required to be performed outside the 905, 416, 519, and 226 area codes.
Hands-on evaluations must be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant has a minimum of 8 hours practical experience on each piece of equipment he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is up-to-date