Safe Operation of Aerial Work Platforms Training – Train-the-Trainer
Although Aerial Work Platforms are versatile, operators must be able to assess hazards continuously while operating their aerial work platforms. Operators must be trained not only in the safe operation of the equipment, but also the hazards specific to the equipment and the environment. Our course is designed to provide operators with the knowledge and skill to be able to operate the equipment safety and efficiently. Additionally, this course includes a full module on the use of fall protection equipment in conjunction with use of aerial work platforms.
Take a look at our 5 Tips for Delivering a Successful Training Program – Equipment Edition
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards specific to the operator and their environment.
- Recall applicable legislation.
- List devices and operating controls.
- Perform pre-operational inspections.
- Perform safe operating practices.
- Identify fuel source hazards.
- Recognize the need for fall protection.
Course content is based on CSA B354.2-01, B354.4-02
Operators, supervisors and workplace instructors
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2) Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects 96. (1)
The fee for the Train-the-Trainer course includes one visit from OSG to a location within the (519), (226), (416), (647), (905) area codes to perform the evaluation. Hands-on practical evaluations must be completed within 90 days.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance.
- Participant has a minimum of 8 hours practical experience on each piece of equipment on which he/she will be operating.
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is up-to-date.