Safe Operation of an Electric Pallet Truck – On-site
Electric pallet trucks are used extensively to assist with completing material handling needs safely and efficiently.
Our course is designed to provide pallet truck operators with the knowledge required to competently and safely operate the equipment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize hazards
- Recite applicable legislation
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Apply safe operating principles
- Identify requirements for charging
Course content is based on CSA B335-15 Safe Operation of Lift Trucks
Participant’s Manual, test, record of attendance, and wallet card.
Operators and supervisors
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects 96. (1)
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete certification. Our theory course is set to run approximately 8 hours. Times may vary as a result of the different styles of equipment, and numbers of participants. If the theory portion of the course is completed early, the instructor will complete as many evaluations as possible within the allotted time frame.
A $75/person charge applies for each evaluation. If additional evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, then a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. Additional charges will apply if lifting device evaluations are required outside the 519, 548 and 226; 416, 437 and 647; and 289, 365 and 905 area codes. OSG recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant has a minimum of 8 hours practical experience on each piece of equipment he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is up-to-date