Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training – Train-the-Trainer
Failure to understand the consequences of improper shipping and handling of dangerous goods can be costly, and impact business operations significantly.
Our course is designed to teach participants how to facilitate their own TDG program specific to their working environment.
Our comprehensive course provides participants with an understanding of the regulatory requirements when preparing goods for shipping, handling goods, or receiving dangerous goods.
TDG training is required for companies who ship, receive, prepare, or offer for transport a dangerous good by road and/or rail.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain duties and responsibilities in the TDG Act and Regulations
- Discuss applicable definitions
- Discuss classifications
- Use special cases and exemptions
- Discuss containers
- Explain safety marks, placarding and labeling
- Demonstrate how to fill out shipping documents
- Explain the requirements for an Emergency Response Assistance Plan (ERAP)
- Explain the limits for accidental/imminent release reporting
- Demonstrate how to fill out Waste Manifests
This course is based on the TDG Act and Regulations
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Clear Language Shipper & Driver’s Handbook, trainer manual, test, answer sheet, DVD, record of attendance, wall certificate, wallet card, and a CD containing read only PowerPoint presentation files, sample certificates, and course materials order form.
TDG instructors of road and/or rail
TDG Regulations s. 6.1(1)