Waste Manifest – Regulation 347 Training – On-site
Hazardous waste includes a wide range of residues from industrial production including used solvents, acids, bases, leftovers from oil refining, and the manufacturing of chemicals. The nature of certain chemicals in many waste products makes them potentially hazardous to human health and the environment.
Individuals responsible for dealing with the waste manifest must have adequate knowledge of each section of the manifest prior to signing it. Our training covers all sections of the manifest, and the importance of each section.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss applicable legislation
- Identify responsibilities of shippers, carriers, and receivers
- Discuss how waste is classified according to material in each waste type
- Recognize how to identify the correct UN number
- Explain each section of the waste manifest
- Identify where each copy of the manifest is sent
- Discuss timelines for sending copies to the appropriate agencies
- Explain definitions & reporting requirements for dangerous occurrences
- Prepare a waste manifest
Participant’s Manual, test, record of attendance, and wallet card.
Supervisors and individuals designated to sign manifests (shipper, receiver, worker, etc.)
Reg. 347 Waste Management