Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Awareness Training – Online
Participants will learn how to properly recognize, assess and control hazards associated with hydrogen sulphide (H2S) gas. Participants will be introduced to the properties of H2S gas, health hazards associated with exposure, detection and monitoring methods, and acceptable exposure limits. This H2S Awareness program has been designed as an awareness course only. It is not intended to be used as the only source of H2S information for workers that will be, or are likely to come, in contact with H2S.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- The properties and health hazards of H2S gas
- Perform gas detection through the use of mechanical and electronic devices
- Acceptable exposure limits
- Signs & symptoms of H2S gas exposure
- Common locations of H2S and conditions of release of the gas
- Components of a contingency and rescue plan and procedures
- Safe working procedures including employer and worker responsibilities
Employees who work in the oil and gas industries must complete Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Gas Awaress training to prepare them for a contingency plan and Immediate Danger to Life and Health (IDLH) exposure procedures.
R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 855, s. 21.
R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 855, s. 37